Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
You only get one chance to save the galaxy twice.
- Cinematography is on point.
- Opening battle's one flowing shot.
- Some character advancement.
- Effects are solid, and the movie looks great.
- Soundtrack, always soundtrack with this series.
- Remedies a complaint I had about The MCU previously.
- A few moments go on just a tad bit longer than desired.
- Some characters (outside the main set) are a set up a bit like they are supposed to be a big deal - but for the average movie goer there's nothing really to explain why they are made to feel that way.
Still probably my favorite series of the entire MCU collection. It keeps it's joke slapping you around in a multitude of different ways while giving you a soundtrack that - although it may not be theme songs per say - is enjoyable throughout the entire movie and is something that can get stuck in your head for later while also at times having meaning towards on-screen events. The differing dynamics between the characters can set up some good comedy, and it's quite well acted. A few moments make me think the 3D effects might be strong with this one, but that'll wait until general disc release to be checked out.