Afterglow AX.4 Wired Communicator
You know me, and you know I love my items that glow!
- Relatively cheap
- LED lighting (variety of colors)
- Works with Xbox 360 controllers
- Ear cushion makes it pretty comfortable to wear.
- Large mute button on side of headset (where the mic is)
- Mic rotates 180 degrees
- Inline headset volume
- Very short microphone, requires the user to talk louder to be picked up
- May have something to do with above, but mic also seems to put out quieter audio to party members
- LED's are bright enough to noticeably illuminate half the room on the side that the LED is situated
- May be a problem with Xbox Live (as it has happened to me with various makes of wired headsets), but occasionally party members will receive unintelligible noise instead of what you are actually saying
Honestly, as much as I love the items that glow, I would say that it would be more worthwhile to pass this one up in exchange for a better quality headset. Inbound audio works fine on this guy, but that short microphone has a lot of issues picking someone up, especially a quiet guy like me. The LED's, while fun, are also a bit too bright for my liking (being that I use a projector over a TV, it can actually cause wash-out on my 'screen' making it harder to see). That being said, I will post a link for purchase in case anyone desires on none-the-less.
Purchase from PDP on Amazon